Thursday, August 31, 2006

I am growing up & I am becoming successfully get my goal for good job in work

When my Mom gave birth to me I weigh less than an ordinary baby because my mother acquired Rubella during her two months of pregnancy. The Pediatrician diagnosed that I was a blue baby- my left lungs was not functioning and couldn’t hardly breath so the doctor need to give me oxygen for 2 weeks in the hospital.
At the age of one month old my parents brought me to St. Luke’s Hospital for a physical check up. They also informed the pediatrician that whenever my parents show me musical toys. I had no response on them.

The pediatrician advised my parents to bring me to the Manila Hearing Center for an hearing test. After a series of test the audiologist found out that I have a severe – profound degree of hearing loss.Upon informing our relatives and co-teachers of my mother, they recommend her to communicate with with John Tracy school,USA.They send us phamplets or how I can talk and hear with my hearing aid. But then I did not progress after a year of trying to speak and hear.

At the age of four, my parents enrolled me at P. Burgos Elementary School. For two years I studied and participate in their school activities still my parents not satisfied because it too far from our house.They send me at Lena Buhay Foundation. But again I did not progress orally.Again they look for another school. Until they found Southeast Asian for the Deaf. I started from Nursery and completed elementary and highschool.

I enjoy and learned how to communicate using Siging Exact English. When I was in my 3rd and 4th year days. I have dreamed to study here at College of St. Benilde. I asked my friend Patrick Palma. My classmate at Burgos Elementary school student how I can study at CSB. Through kristine and some studentd attending mass at St. Joseph Church they help me how to apply for an scholarship. Luckily through series of examination and interview. I passed so I am here now studying hard to finish my studies. The first time I enter at CSB. I was amazed at the buildings are tall and are big with aircond complete high technology material at CSB.I was excited to use computer for my lessons. The facilities are new that fits the needs of the hearing and deaf students.

I learned to interact with other students to learn the FSL an how to be a part of the community of the deaf. Through the efficient way of teaching of our teachers to us.
I am sure I can attain my goal to finish my course successfully together with my classmates. I’m make write true storytelling all my life and childhood something what happen in past and present.I have find realize so that why because I’m always adjust my grow and attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home